Friday 19 December 2014

Table saw

I previously made a router table and loved it! But I thought what else am I missing? a table saw! 
For my table saw I will use the same principles as my router table and try make them to same height so I can use my router table as an extension to my table saw. 

I started by measuring the legs but taking 3cm off as this is the difference between the casters I already have on the router table and the new ones I'm going to put on the table saw. 

I measured the work top then made a frame that will be screwed to the underside of the table top and help secure the legs. 
Always pay attention to your set square, your miter cuts might still be off. 

I made two of these frames, one goes under the work top and the other at the bottom of the legs. This will then give me a surface to attach the base. 
And here we are so far. I left a slight over hang on the front and sides so I can clamp or attach things if needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment